Aventis Systems, Inc., a leading provider of information technology hardware, software and services, announced today it now offers HTC Vive Pro Virtual Reality (VR) products on its General Services Administration IT Schedule 70 Contract.
Government agencies are using virtual reality for training and hiring, especially when training for dangerous jobs. VR-based new employee training can save government agencies on travel, materials and live trainer hours. Other uses include virtually immersing new employees in their respective field locations before they ever step foot in the actual environment, and for education, providing an immersive, engaging way to learn without leaving the classroom. The U.S. Navy is currently using VR as a recruitment tool, showing the life of an employee via an immersive VR experience.
The HTC Vive Pro Virtual Reality features include:
- TAA Compliance: HTC manufactures the products in Taiwan, a TAA-compliant country, setting them apart from other VR products on the market.
- Steam VR 2.0 Tracking: From seated to standing to full 20’ x 20’ room-scale. Ideal for multi-user environments for sub-millimeter tracking accuracy.
- High Resolution Display: Dual-OLED displays with industry-leading resolution of 2880 x 1600 pixels for unparalleled visual fidelity of graphics, text and textures.
- Spatial Audio with Noise Cancellation: Hi-res, high-impedance headphones, 3D spatial sound with active noise cancellation for an immersive experience without real-world distractions.
- Multi-User and Extended Use: Even weight distribution of the headset, easy on and off, and adjustments for head size, glasses and interpupillary distance make multi-user and extended use easier than ever.
- Vive Tracker Ecosystem: Expand business use cases by adding real-life objects into your virtual simulation. Ideal for motion capture, automotive, aerospace or heavy equipment simulation.
“We’ve been offering the HTC VR products via our commercial ecommerce channels and noticed that a significant number of government buyers were purchasing them,” said Hesam Lamei, founder of Aventis Systems. “We wanted to make the process easier for government agencies to access this technology by offering HTC Virtual Reality products on our GSA contract.”
With over $50 billion in 2017 revenue, GSA IT Schedule 70 is the largest and most widely used IT acquisition vehicle by government agencies. GSA helps all government agencies receive the best value for IT solutions while ensuring compliance. Government agencies purchasing from the Aventis Systems’ GSA Contract enjoy the following benefits:
- Net 30 terms and government purchase cards permitted on all GSA orders
- One percent quantity discount when purchasing 10 or more of any product
- Cooperative purchasing program participation for state and local government agencies
- Easy online ordering on the GSA Advantage! website.
As a global innovator in smart mobile devices and technology, HTC has produced award-winning products and industry firsts since its inception in 1997, including the critically acclaimed HTC U and Desire lines of smartphones.
About Aventis Systems
Aventis Systems, Inc. offers custom IT solutions for building and operating complete physical and virtual infrastructures. The comprehensive solutions include high-quality refurbished and new hardware, system and application software, and an array of in-depth managed services including infrastructure consultation, cloud hosting and migration, virtualization deployment, data and disaster recovery, security consultation, hardware relocation and equipment buyback. Aventis Systems goes above and beyond other value-added resellers because they “Get IT Done.” Call 1-855-AVENTIS (283-6847), visit www.AventisSystems.com or connect with Aventis Systems on LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook.