ATLANTA,GA– June 17, 2016— For the sixth consecutive year, Georgia Power will join other energy and service companies, auto manufacturers, business and government leaders, and Commissioner Tim Echols of the Georgia Public Service Commission (PSC) for the 2016 Clean Energy Roadshow. During the roadshow, representatives from various companies and organizations will be on hand to answer questions and provide information on energy topics ranging from the state’s energy outlook to electric vehicles (EVs) to clean power generation including solar energy.
Eight local stops throughout June and July will feature product demonstrations, seminars and more. Scheduled events include:
- LaGrange (Friday, June 17): Interface Awarehouse, 1603 Executive Drive
- Albany (Tuesday, June 21): Albany Civic Center, 100 West Oglethorpe Boulevard
- Americus (Wednesday, June 22): Georgia Southwestern State University, 800 Georgia Southwestern State University Drive
- Savannah (Thursday, June 23): Savannah Technical College, 5717 White Bluff Road
- Savannah (Friday, June 24): Savannah Convention Center & Georgia Municipal Association Convention, One International Drive, Hutchinson Island
- Austell (Monday, July 18): Riverside EpiCenter, 235 Riverside Parkway
- Dahlonega (Tuesday, July 19): University of North Georgia/Continuing Education Center, 25 Schultz Avenue
- Duluth (Wednesday, July 20): Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce, 8500 Sugarloaf Parkway
All events are free and open to the public with most events beginning at 9 a.m. For a detailed schedule and to register to attend, visit www.CleanEnergyRoadshow.com.
With increasing numbers of EVs on Georgia’s roads every day, Georgia Power encourages customers to consider the exceptional value of driving electric and offers a variety of rebates and incentives for business and residential customers, as well as a special electric rate for EV drivers. The company is also in the process of developing public charging infrastructure across the state to make driving electric more convenient than ever. To learn more, visit www.GeorgiaPower.com/EV.
Georgia Power continues to add cost effective solar energy through programs designed to prevent upward pressure on customer rates. In coordination with the Georgia PSC, hundreds of thousands of new solar panels are being installed across the state, further diversifying Georgia’s energy mix. Most recently, Georgia Power proposed 525 MW of new renewable generation by 2019 and new demonstration projects to study wind and solar generation opportunities as part of its 2016 Integrated Resource Plan (IRP), currently under review by the Georgia PSC. To learn more, and access interactive solar tools, visit www.georgiapower.com/solar.
About Georgia Power
Georgia Power is the largest subsidiary of Southern Company (NYSE: SO), one of the nation’s largest generators of electricity. Value, Reliability, Customer Service and Stewardship are the cornerstones of the company’s promise to 2.5 million customers in all but four of Georgia’s 159 counties. Committed to delivering clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy at rates below the national average, Georgia Power maintains a diverse, innovative generation mix that includes nuclear, 21st century coal and natural gas, as well as renewables such as solar, hydroelectric and wind. Georgia Power focuses on delivering world-class service to its customers every day and the company is consistently recognized by J.D. Power and Associates as an industry leader in customer satisfaction. For more information, visit www.GeorgiaPower.com and connect with the company on Facebook (Facebook.com/GeorgiaPower) and Twitter (Twitter.com/GeorgiaPower).