Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) Unveiled Winners at special ceremony
ATLANTA (October 24th, 2014) –The winners of the 2014 TAG Excalibur Awards were announced Friday during a special ceremony at the Georgia Aquarium that attracted a sold-out audience of Georgia’s business and technology community.
The Annual TAG Excalibur Awards celebrates Georgia companies and organizations that demonstrate the best use of technology, typically developed in-house or provided by a third-party, to solve complex issues and processes that impact their operations.
This year’s award winners were selected in 5 categories:
- State Board of Pardons and Paroles: Leveraged technology to reduce the workload of the parole officer, redirect resources to focus on higher risk/higher needs offenders, and to improve accurate communication between parolees and their officers.
- A-Tow: Implementation of a fleet management solution that allows supervisors to see, in real time, where all drivers are and how they’re driving, making for a significantly better dispatch experience and reduction in excessive idling while helping keep the drivers on task, on time and safe.
- Atlanta Braves: for its use of an app that provides fans with access to a variety of exclusive opportunities including seat upgrades as well as personalized experiences. These options solve a key need of leveraging technology to enhance the fan’s in-game experience.
- InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG): for its use of an online environmental sustainability management system to measure, manage and report on the environmental impacts of IHG hotels as well as drive environmental impact reduction.
MOST CREATIVE SOLUTION
- FoodFinderGA, Inc: A non-profit that leverages a mobile-native website that aggregates food resources.
“We are truly pleased to honor the recipients of the 2014 Excalibur Awards,” said Tino Mantella, president & CEO of TAG. “We believe celebrating these tech-enabled companies and organizations strengthens our message of Georgia’s emerging position as a national leader in technology.”
In addition to discovering this year’s winners, attendees heard from keynote speaker, Bryson Koehler, Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer at the Weather Company. The event was presented by TAG in collaboration with the Business and Technology Alliance of TAG (B&TA). Platinum Sponsors for the event includes ASAP Solutions Group, Jabian Consulting, and Primus Software Corporation.
To learn more visit: http://www.tagonline.org/events/excalibur-awards/.
About The Technology Association of Georgia (TAG)
The Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) is the leading technology industry association in the state, serving more than 24,000 members and hosting over 200 events each year. TAG serves as an umbrella organization for 34 industry societies, each of which provides rich content for TAG constituents. TAG’s mission is to educate, promote, and unite Georgia’s technology community to foster an innovative and connected marketplace that stimulates and enhances a tech-based economy. For more information visit the TAG website at www.tagonline.org or TAG’s community website at www.TAGthink.com