ATLANTA and SAN DIEGO (Jan 20, 2015) – The healthcare market is crowded with fragmented technologies that cannot stand alone to improve efficiencies for providers – from new devices and apps to in-office systems. To address the need for a one-touch solution, ExamMed, the only universal healthcare technology platform, today in conjunction with the Health IT Summit, announces the official launch of its unique offering that is setting the new standard for both virtual and in-office care.
“New regulations including the Affordable Care Act have put a tremendous strain on many providers that are spread too thin managing an influx of patients, complying with stringent government standards and trying to establish new payment models that benefit both patient and provider,” says Jeremy Trabucco, co-founder of ExamMed. “We developed ExamMed to equip providers with all of the core components they need to succeed and deliver the most personal, high-quality and affordable connected care in one simple and streamlined platform.”
ExamMed Offers Providers Competitive Advantage
ExamMed enables providers to maintain a competitive advantage in the new healthcare economy and is the only platform on the market today that bundles all of the essential components necessary for providers to access, manage and deliver healthcare into one holistic solution.
The platform is ideal for any office setting and patients of any age – ranging from practices to hospitals, urgent care and home care to clinics – that manage patients with chronic diseases and high-risk illnesses or those living in rural areas. Leveraging ExamMed, providers can increase patient engagement and access, improve timeliness and medical home follow-up care with their own patients while remote monitoring promotes the continuum of care, minimizes liability and costly hospital patient readmissions.
ExamMed’s core features include:
• HIPPA Compliant HD Video – allows providers to see their own patients’ 24/7 from any camera-enabled technology device. Face-to-face consultation enables visual and physical patient assessment and personalizes remote provider-to-patient encounters, while also permitting multi-provider participation and the ability for trusted “visitors” such as patient family members and caregivers to join.
• Centralized Management Portal – streamlines patient management and promotes shared care through one central dashboard that allows providers to access, manage and communicate information – from scheduling to referrals to protocols and more – in real-time across multiple systems.
• Interoperable EMR/EHR Exchange – enables provider access to medical records no matter what electronic medical record (EMR) system they operate and features a universal patient profile.
• Provider Network and Referrals – platform supports in-network referrals with a database of specialists, allowing providers the ability to seamlessly connect patients with specialty care givers as needed.
• Smart Coding™ – simplifies the classification and labeling of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes and ICD codes that determine insurance coverage eligibility for each patient encounter.
• MedCoins™ – serves as the universal healthcare currency, allowing patients to purchase “coins” in advance for proactive payment. MedCoins™ can be applied to insurance deductibles or out-of pocket expenses, ensuring the payment and reimbursement of all patient encounters. Coins (or credits) can be pooled by individuals or family purchase, gifting or clinic advances.
“Healthcare IT is a booming market, but until now, providers have not had access to one holistic solution,” explains Dr. Seth Eaton, founder at MD-based MedPeds. “ExamMed’s technology has tremendous potential for improving how providers facilitate care as well as how patients experience care. This universal healthcare technology platform will be especially transformative for treating Medicare and chronic care patients, and we have plans to leverage ExamMed as the primary platform for patients who require non-office visits.”
“A technology platform that can reach any patient – of any age, anywhere, via any device – will dramatically improve care for patients across the country,” Eaton says.
Adoption of ExamMed
Among others, ExamMed has been successfully implemented in practices across the U.S. including MD-based MedPeds, and the pioneering all Nurse Practitioner led PA-based River Practice. Its proven solution is easy to deploy and available through a highly secure, HIPPA compliant dedicated cloud or a self-hosted model. Providers and institutions using ExamMed have unlimited access for a flat monthly fee.
“ExamMed’s unmatched technology is fundamentally transfiguring how healthcare is accessed by patients and delivered by providers globally. We are committed to delivering an easy-to-use, secure, scalable and revenue generating platform of care that providers can use with confidence,” concludes Faraz Zubairi, co-founder of ExamMed.
To learn more about ExamMed or demo the solution, visit www.exammed.com.
ExamMed, the only universal healthcare technology platform, offers providers an ideal patient-centered, complete model of care, both virtual and in-office. The platform is setting the new standard in healthcare, by bundling a video enabled provider-specific telehealth platform, centralized patient scheduling and messaging capabilities, interoperable EMR/EHR exchange, access to specialty care providers and referrals in one holistic solution. Among the providers across the U.S. who have adopted ExamMed’s one-touch technology is MedPeds, a recipient of the 2013 HIMSS Davies Award. Independently funded, the company is headquartered in Atlanta. For more information, visit www.exammed.com.