ATLANTA, October 06, 2015 — Georgia Power recently announced that the company will open 11 new electric vehicle (EV) charging islands to the public on October 1. The new charging islands, located at Georgia Power properties across the state, mark the completion of the first phase of planned charging infrastructure being developed by the company which will include approximately 61 community charging islands for public use statewide by the end of 2016.
The new Georgia Power EV charging islands are:
- (Atlanta) Georgia Power Headquarters – 241 Ralph McGill Blvd., NE
- (Dunwoody) Georgia Power Customer Resource Center – 4404 North Shallowford Rd.
- (Duluth) Duluth Operating Center – 3825 Rogers Bridge Rd.
- (Lilburn) Lilburn Business Office – 6434 Lawrenceville Highway
- (Lawrenceville) Lawrenceville Business Office – 1453 Highway 120
- (Athens) Northeast Region Office – 1001 Prince Ave.
- (Augusta) Augusta Customer Service Center – 1607 Walton Way
- (Savannah) South Abercorn Customer Resource Center – 12016 Abercorn St.
- (Alpharetta) North Fulton Business Office – 11675 Wills Rd.
- (Lithonia) Metro East Region Office – 5215 Minola Dr.
- (Smyrna) Smyrna Business Office – 1088 Concord Rd., SE
Charging EVs on the go is convenient and affordable at the new charging islands with multiple options for drivers including a DC fast charger (CHADeMo/SAE combo plugs) as well as a Level 2 208/240-volt charger. The charging islands accept either a new Georgia Power Card, powered by ChargePoint and available at GeorgiaPower.ChargePoint.com, or an existing ChargePoint card. Charging using the DC fast charger includes a $4.95 activation fee for the first 20 minutes of charging and 25 cents per each additional minute. Charging using the Level 2 chargers includes a $1 per hour fee for the first three hours and 10 cents per each additional minute.
Georgia Power is committed to assisting customers with their EV energy needs and advancing Georgia as an EV-friendly state. In addition to developing public charging infrastructure, the company offers EV charger rebates for business and residential customers and a special rate for EV customers. The company also recently rolled out dozens of plug-in electric hybrid vehicles as part of its statewide fleet and supports public engagement annual events such as the Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Roadshow and National Drive Electric Week. To learn more about driving electric with Georgia Power, visit www.GeorgiaPower.com/EV.
About Georgia Power
Georgia Power is the largest subsidiary of Southern Company (NYSE: SO), one of the nation’s largest generators of electricity. Value, Reliability, Customer Service and Stewardship form the cornerstones of the company’s promise to 2.4 million customers in all but four of Georgia’s 159 counties. Committed to delivering clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy at rates below the national average, Georgia Power maintains a diverse, innovative generation mix that includes nuclear, 21st century coal and natural gas, as well as renewables such as solar, hydroelectric and wind. Consistently recognized as a leader in customer service, Georgia Power was recently ranked highest in overall business customer satisfaction among large utilities in the South by J.D. Power and Associates. For more information, visit www.GeorgiaPower.com and connect with the company on Facebook (Facebook.com/GeorgiaPower) and Twitter (Twitter.com/GeorgiaPower).