“EMS professionals have long had to rely on multiple gloves to adequately protect their patients and themselves from the variety of situations they encounter on the scene day to day,” said Greg Metcalf, global director for gloves & apparel at Halyard Health. “Halyard Health is proud to introduce the BLACK-FIRE* exam glove. Its dual-purpose system combines the capability of two gloves and the ability to identify cuts and tears more quickly. As an added benefit, BLACK-FIRE* can help reduce costs associated with waste and it can free up storage space.”
The Halyard Health BLACK-FIRE* Nitrile Exam Glove:
- Is dual-purpose and can be used as a black or high-visibility orange glove;
- Reveals the opposite color when removed to easily identify if the glove is used and contaminated;
- Is designed with QUICK CHECK* breach detection technology to identify cuts and tears;
- Allows first responders to utilize one glove in providing patient care or directing traffic at the scene of an accident;
- May reduce costs associated with waste and free up storage space in confined environments such as an ambulance.
With the addition of BLACK-FIRE*, Halyard Health offers a full glove portfolio for the EMS market consisting of both 9.5″ and 12″ PURPLE NITRILE* and STERLING* Nitrile Exam Gloves.
For additional information about the new BLACK-FIRE* glove, talk to your Halyard Health representative or visit www.Black-Fire.com. For educational resources on the selection of exam gloves for EMS professionals and other health professions, visit the HALYARD HEALTH KNOWLEDGE NETWORK* at www.HalyardKnowledgeNetwork.com.
About Halyard Health
Halyard Health (NYSE: HYH) is a medical technology company focused on preventing infection, eliminating pain and speeding recovery for healthcare providers and their patients. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, Halyard is committed to addressing some of today’s most important healthcare needs, such as preventing healthcare-associated infections and reducing the use of narcotics while helping patients move from surgery to recovery. Halyard’s business segments — Surgical & Infection Prevention and Medical Devices — develop, manufacture and market clinically superior solutions that improve medical outcomes and business performance in more than 100 countries. For more information, visit www.halyardhealth.com.
*Registered Trademark or Trademark of Halyard Health, Inc. or its affiliates