ATLANTA, GA — October 4th, 2019 — Startup Atlanta, the premier advocate for the region’s startup ecosystem, has opened nominations for its third annual Atlanta Startup Awards . Organized by members across the Atlanta startup community, the event celebrates the city’s most successful rising tech companies, startup pioneers and disruptive innovators.
Entry for nominations are free and open now through October 22, the Startup Atlanta awards committee will be accepting nominations for the following eight categories:
- Scrappiest Startup Award: Startup that has achieved significant milestones over the last 12 months without ever raising equity or debt capital.
- Best B2C Startup: Startup that provides product(s) to consumers and has achieved significant milestones over the last 12 months.
- Best Growth Stage Startup: The Best Growth Stage Startup Award recognizes a startup that has shown strong product-market fit, is Post Series A, annual recurring revenue over $3 million to $5 million, has 40 or more employees and has achieved significant milestones over the last 12 months.
- Community Influencer: The Community Influencer Award recognizes a startup founder or startup CEO who has made an impact in the last 12 months in the entrepreneurial ecosystem. The recipient of this Award will best embody Startup Atlanta’s core values
- Equity Champion: The Equity Champion Award recognizes an individual who has made a significant impact in the entrepreneurial ecosystem by removing barriers or providing access to underrepresented founders in the last 12 months.
- Best B2B Startup: Startup that provides product(s) that solve(s) a problem for businesses and has achieved significant milestones over the last 12 months.
- Best Social Impact Startup: The Best Social Impact Startup Award recognizes a mission-driven for-profit startup with a social mission who has made the biggest impact on the Atlanta community and/or beyond in the past 12 months.
- The Art of the Pivot: Growing a startup is hard. The Art of the Pivot Award celebrates a startup’s ability to change its business model, product direction, target audience, etc.; and successfully revamp their business in the face of adversity over the last 12 months.
This year’s recipients of the Startup Awards will be presented at a ceremony to be held on November 21 from 6 to 8 p.m. at Clark Atlanta University (CAU), a collaboration made possible by the CAU School of Business Administration and the Russell Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (RCIE).
Want to get involved? Nominate a startup or an individual for an award or participate in the event by becoming a sponsor or volunteering, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
For more information or to make a nomination, visit www.atlantastartupawards.com.
About Startup Atlanta
Startup Atlanta is a community non-profit with a mission to connect, promote, and expand Atlanta’s vibrant startup ecosystem to bolster the creation of jobs, companies and wealth. Startup Atlanta achieves this by producing and publishing the annual Startup Atlanta Ecosystem Guide, a co-created community resource featuring a comprehensive list of entrepreneurs support organizations in the greater Atlanta region. Startup Atlanta leads with strategic programming and partnerships: co-facilitating the quarterly Community Partners Lunch, the annual Startup Awards, and Atlanta Startup Week. For more information, visit www.startupatlanta.com.
About The Atlanta Startup Awards
Established in 2016, the Atlanta Startup Awards is the premiere awards event for early stage businesses and entrepreneurs in the region. Presented each year by Startup Atlanta, the event brings together the best and the brightest to celebrate the most successful rising tech companies, startup pioneers, and disruptive innovators in Atlanta.
Nominations for the 2019 Atlanta Startup Awards are now open from October 2-October 22.
Learn more at www.atlantastartupawards.com.