ATLANTA – The Southern Automotive Conference announces its keynotes and speaker lineup. The internationally-recognized event is taking place Oct. 3 – 5, 2018 at the Cobb Galleria Centre in Atlanta. In its 11th year, the conference brings together thought leaders, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), suppliers and service providers to discuss the latest innovations driving the industry forward.
Hosted by the Georgia Automotive Manufacturers Association, the Southern Automotive Conference is anticipating 1,800 attendees, 300 exhibitors and several foreign manufacturer pavilions. The three-day event will feature 50 speakers, six breakout sessions, four flash presentations and two panels. The conference’s impressive keynote lineup is comprised of:
- Gary Silberg: national sector lead partner for the automotive industry at KPMG
- Linda Hasenfratz: CEO of Linamar
- Raj Batra: president, Siemens Digital Factory Division
- Dr. Hagen Radowski: president and CEO of MHP Americas – A Porsche Company
- Gov. Nathan Deal: governor of Georgia
- Jonathan Smoke: chief economist at Cox Automotive
“The Southern Automotive Conference has a long history of bringing together some of the most influential names in the industry. To commemorate the event’s first appearance in Georgia, we’re making it bigger and better than ever before,” shares Rick Walker, founder and president of GAMA and host of the Southern Automotive Conference. “The high caliber of speakers, quality of content and interactive demonstrations truly make this event a must-attend for everyone in the industry.”
Focusing on the innovations that are driving the automotive industry forward, the Southern Automotive Conference will cover the biggest trends impacting the space. From industry 4.0 to autonomous vehicles, emerging tech and workforce development; the future of automotive will be on display. The action-packed schedule includes:
- Flash Presentations on autonomous vehicle technology, workforce development, OSHA’s impact on the industry, and the Supreme Court’s automotive class action suit
- Panel Presentations on OEM issues and mobility trends led by moderators John Waraniak, vice president of vehicle technology at SEMA and Tim Yerdon, president of Plymouth Technology Advisors
- Breakout Sessions covering cyber security, workforce development, future of the industry and more
- Innovation Test Track™ with guests from Georgia Tech Enterprise Innovation Institute, Technology Acceleration and Innovation Services, Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia, Plymouth Technology Advisors, Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC), Mercedes-Benz USA and 2nd Generation Capital
Registration for the Southern Automotive Conference is open. For a limited time, receive $75 off your registration using promo code SACFB2018 at checkout. Click here to register.
About the Southern Automotive Conference
The Southern Automotive Conference is an annual event presented jointly each year by the automotive manufacturing associations of Alabama (AAMA), Georgia (GAMA), Mississippi (MAMA) and Tennessee (TAMA); with support from the Kentucky Automotive Industry Association (KAIA), South Carolina Automotive Council (SCAC) and Southern Automotive Women’s Forum (SAWF). In its 11th year, the Conference rotates locations each year between the four host states. The 2018 event is being held in Atlanta, Oct. 3 – 5. For additional information, visit https://www.southernautocon.com/.
About the Georgia Automotive Manufacturers Association
The Georgia Automotive Manufacturers Association, Inc. (GAMA) is a community of businesses focused on promoting the growth, profitability and continual improvement of automotive manufacturing in Georgia. The organization is comprised of manufacturers, suppliers, institutional organizations and service providers. GAMA offers its members an interactive forum to improve business efficiencies, foster innovation, increase profitability and continuing education opportunities. For additional information, visit https://www.gama-georgia.org/.