ATLANTA, GEORGIA – November 27, 2018 – The Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) has launched a new interactive website highlighting Georgia’s thriving FinTech ecosystem.
The website georgiafintech.org spotlights one of Georgia’s hottest tech sectors, providing a detailed look at the more than 120 public and private organizations that comprise the Georgia FinTech community, along with detailed data on the size and scope of the economic infrastructure that makes the state’s FinTech ecosystem a global leader.
“The Georgia FinTech community is truly the epicenter of the financial services industry providing advanced and innovative solutions to payments, ecommerce, supply chain management and online lending,” said Larry K. Williams, President and CEO of TAG. “The website provides a roundup of key statistics that we use to measure the veracity of the community.”
Highlights of the data include:
- More than 38,000 FinTech specialists drive the ecosystem.
- The top 20 Georgia-based FinTech companies, alone, generate an estimated $72 billion in annual revenue.
- The top 10 Georgia-based public companies have a combined market capitalization of over $192 billion.
- 7 billion U.S. purchase transactions are processed by Georgia-based acquirers, roughly two-thirds of the total volume.
“Our goal in creating this FinTech dedicated website is to help tell the story of the impact Georgia-based companies has made as part of the global financial services ecosystem,” said Sean Banks, Partner TTV Capital and Chair of the TAG FinTech Society. “Our objective is to keep the website updated with ecosystem-related data such as the performance of public companies, mergers and acquisitions, capital funding and profiles of new companies that come onstream in the Georgia FinTech ecosystem. We believe the content will be valuable to those that want to keep their finger on the pulse of the Georgia FinTech ecosystem such as financial services, venture capital, private equity and technology organizations worldwide.”
TAG aggregates and shares updated, annual data on the FinTech industry to promote Georgia’s technology strengths and support the FinTech community.
- Find the FinTech website at georgiafintech.org
- View the annual Georgia FinTech Ecosystem report https://georgiafintech.org/fintech-overview/
- Join the TAG FinTech Society https://www.tagonline.org/chapters-and-societies/fintech/
- Review key industry data https://www.tagonline.org/resources/research-and-insights/
About The Technology Association of Georgia (TAG)
TAG is the leading technology industry association in the state, serving more than 35,000 members through regional chapters in Metro Atlanta, Athens, Augusta, Columbus, Macon/Middle Georgia, and Savannah. TAG’s mission is to educate, promote, and unite Georgia’s technology community to foster an innovative and connected marketplace that stimulates and enhances a tech-based economy.
The association provides networking and educational programs; celebrates Georgia’s technology leaders and companies; and advocates for legislative action that enhances the state’s economic climate for technology. TAG hosts over 200 events each year and serves as an umbrella organization for 27 professional societies. Additionally, the TAG Education Collaborative (TAG’s charitable arm) focuses on helping science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education initiatives thrive.