Sponsors and Volunteers Come Together to Create Custom Websites in 48 Hours
ATLANTA, Ga. (September 25, 2015) – 48in48 announced today that it has selected 48 Atlanta-based nonprofits to be the recipients of new, custom websites. The websites will be created and completed in a 48 hour period from October 2nd to October 4th inside the General Assembly Atlanta at Ponce City Market.
Jeff Hilimire, CEO of Dragon Army, and Adam Walker, CEO of Sideways8 created the special event to bring together the Atlanta creative community while helping nonprofits who often don’t have the time or the funds to focus on helping themselves.
“We were overwhelmed by the response from nonprofits who wanted to participate in our inaugural year,” said Jeff Hilimire. “If a nonprofit has a limited online presence or no online presence at all, how can they promote the great work they do? We hope to change that for 48 nonprofits next month.”
The 2015 48in48 nonprofits selected are:
• 100 Black Men of America, Inc.
• Another Level of Excellence
• APIVEO Leadership, Inc.
• Bluehair Technology Group
• Break Into Business
• Brothers Destiny Grooming Foundation
• Campbell Family Foundation
• Care and Counseling Center of Georgia
• Carroll County Child Advocacy Center Inc.
• Central Outreach & Advocacy Center
• Children’s Literature for Children, Inc.
• CHRIS Kids
• Creating Opportunities for Girls, Inc.
• Culture Connect
• Curing Kids Cancer
• Endless Ribbon Foundation, Inc.
• Favor House
• Georgia Coalition Against Domestic Violence
• Georgia Rotary District Character Education Program
• Georgia STAND-UP
• Greater Atlanta Social Enterprise Alliance
• Hands on Atlanta Day Site
• HomeAid Atlanta
• Interfaith Children’s Movement
• Junior League of Atlanta, Inc.
• Kids’ Chance of Georgia, Inc.
• Literacy Action
• Manna Fund
• Museum of Design Atlanta
• NEXT Steps Youth Entrepreneur Program
• Nicholas House
• Pat’s Heart
• Pebble Tossers
• Raising Expectations Inc.
• Rebuild The City
• Scottdale Child Development & Family Resource Center
• SECME Inc. (Southeastern Consortium for Minorities in Engineering)
• Southeast Fiber Arts Alliance
• The Center for Working Families, Inc.
• The Greater Atlanta Girls Choir
• Tomorrow’s Luminaries Foundation
• Vine City Civic Association
• Warrick Dunn Charities
• YES!Atlanta, Inc.
• YWCA of Greater Atlanta
More than 250 volunteers will come together to give each website its own customized look and feel, designed with web software, WordPress. A team of developers, designers, content writers and digital professionals will work together to develop and train each nonprofit on how to maximize this gift valued at $25,000 each.
“We are so lucky to live and work in a community with so many talented and giving people,” said Adam Walker. “Without our volunteers and sponsors this big idea would have never come to life. We can’t wait to see the final products when 48in48 wraps up.”
In addition to a website, each nonprofit will get training on content strategy and guidance in content creation, training in using Google Grants (Google AdWords), content writing assistance, 12-months of free website hosting, a custom blog and potential to receive additional marketing budget.
Thanks to a team of generous sponsors, we are able to fund the 48in48 event. Sponsorship dollars go directly to the needs of nonprofits following the event, primarily for training and support as their new sites launch. To date 48in48 has raised more than $150,000 in cash and donated services. The website building event t is being piloted in Atlanta and will expand next year into other markets across the U.S.
48in48 is a nonprofit built by a team of passionate individuals all working to provide creative services to nonprofits. The event is being piloted in Atlanta with the goal to go national in 2016. Current sponsors include Dragon Army, Sideways8, 352 Inc., AgencySparks, Arby’s, BKV, IBM, Creaxion, DigitasLBi, Fisher Broyles, Friendly Human, General Assembly, Google, Hypepotamus, Mailchimp, Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce, Moxie, Peach Dish, Sagepath, Sandbox Digital, and more. With the help of designers, developers, creatives and sponsors, 48 custom websites will be built for 48 nonprofits in 48 hours. For more information on 48in48 visit http://48in48.org/.