ATLANTA (October 23rd, 2015) – The winners of the 2015 TAG Excalibur Awards were announced Friday during a special ceremony at the Georgia Aquarium that attracted a sold-out audience of Georgia’s business and technology community.
The Annual TAG Excalibur Awards celebrates Georgia companies and organizations that demonstrate the best use of technology, typically developed in-house or provided by a third-party, to solve complex issues and processes that impact their operations.
This year’s award winners were selected in five (5) categories:
• The Georgia Department of Driver Services: created self-service kiosks to reduced wait times by 39 minutes, while the time to complete a transaction decreased from 20 minutes to three minutes
• Codesigned: developed an in-house technology to reduce time and costs associated with SharePoint development
• JCB: Their in-house IT team created a new software solution and mobile app which has instant visibility when a National Account machine goes down with a service related issue. Enabling them to quickly respond.
• Manheim: created a Seller Dashboard – a web application for sellers to manage their vehicles at auction before and during the sale.
MOST CREATIVE SOLUTION
• The Weather Channel: leveraged a variety of technologies to help immerse the audience into the weather and tell compelling stories visually with a cinematic-like look and feel
“We are very pleased to recognize innovative companies in Georgia for their outstanding use of technology to address key business issues and complex problems,” said Tino Mantella, President & CEO of TAG. “We believe celebrating these tech-enabled companies and organizations in both nonprofit and commercial sectors will strengthen Georgia’s position as a national leader in technology.”
In addition to discovering this year’s winners, attendees heard from keynote speaker, Mark Oakley, Senior Vice President and the Chief Information Officer at State Farm® Insurance Companies. The event was presented by TAG in collaboration with the Business and Technology Alliance of TAG (B&TA). Platinum Sponsors for the event includes ASAP Solutions Group, Primus Software Corporation and State Farm.
For a complete list of finalists: http://www.tagonline.org/news-press/TAG%20Unveils%20Finalists%20for%202015%20Excalibur%20Awards/
To learn more visit: http://www.tagonline.org/events/excalibur-awards/.
About TAG Business and Technology Alliance Society (B&TA)
TAG B&TA –The Business and Technology Alliance is focused on addressing the challenges of today’s fast paced marketplace by bringing together business leaders and technology innovators to address key business issues. Our mission is to foster business innovation through the exploration of technological advancements and the ways in which these technologies can help corporations in all industries to solve complex problems and be more competitive.
About The Technology Association of Georgia (TAG)
TAG is the leading technology industry association in the state, serving more than 30,000 members through regional chapters in Metro Atlanta, Athens, Augusta, Columbus, Macon/Middle Georgia, and Savannah. TAG’s mission is to educate, promote, and unite Georgia’s technology community to foster an innovative and connected marketplace that stimulates and enhances a tech-based economy.
The association provides networking and educational programs; celebrates Georgia’s technology leaders and companies; and advocates for legislative action that enhances the state’s economic climate for technology. TAG hosts over 200 events each year and serves as an umbrella organization for 34 professional societies. Additionally, the TAG Education Collaborative (TAG’s charitable arm) focuses on helping science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education initiatives thrive.